where I ramble on about what's happening in my little world
and hopefully you have some enjoyment reading about it!



Frolicking fairies and mini illuminations

Forgive me followers for I have sinned, it has been ??? ..... too long since my last blog session, .... I feel a bit like a catholic going to confession there LOL where does the time fly to? well, the cold I had has been blown away, and the house elf duties done for a while so I think I am back in the driving seat once more :o)
I've had a few distractions from blogland, one very nice one in particular, that I have waited for for ages and now its mine it makes me the happiest person ..... well ever! I'm obviously very easy to please!
its not a mini by any stretch of the imagination


'Frolicking Faeries' is a huoooge pic when framed and although a bit naughty I couldnt resist it and its now hanging in my bedroom! Its done by a local artist (& friend) Nancy Farmer and I am a big fan of her artwork, she describes her work as -
''Beligerent Demons, sullen fairies, twisted fairytales and other curious monsters - dark, whimsical, decadent contemporary art, all with a satirical edge and a twist of humour.''
I just think she is brilliant!
if you get the chance to pop over and look at her work on her website ( click here) you wont be dissappointed and I bet you find something you like.

I've also been busy with the electrics in the Skool of Majick and finally made & added the individual lights for the bedside lockers in the trainee's dormitory.


its a bit difficult to see the details on the skull light with or without the flash as the camera just isnt picking it up :o( my bad photography methinks....
anyway it started life as a skull bead and a grain of wheat/pea light bulb testing light thing that you get with the copper wire electric tape kits. I drilled out the eyeball sockets to allow more light out and it seems to have worked quite well, now I just have to hope it doesnt catch fire or melt ! LOL The skull lamp belongs to Trixie Trubble, she hasnt arrived at the Skool of Majick yet, on account of the fact that she still lives in my head!

The two dolls above were among the first dolls I ever bought and were made by Nicky Cooper the one on the left is Fartquat Quigley, his first spell unfortunately sent him to sleep! poor thing, his wee willie winky light was bought at a fair, but the pumpkin light next to him is all my own work and Im quite pleased with it. The pumpkin belongs to Harmony Hubble, she's a bit dim, bless her, and cant quite get spells right (she's made some strange transfiguration attempts I can tell you! theyre in a cage under the stairs until the Headmistress can work out what to do with them) anyway Harmony is going through a bit of a fascination with all things pumpkin at the moment..... it's maybe safer like that for now.


This is Candy Slimme, she is my favourite doll. This was another Nicky made for me. She's the youngest trainee at the Skool, she learnt how to make cakes and chocolate and all things yummy and refuses to learn any other new spells at all! cant say I blame her either , I think I'd be happy with just that one spell too :o) naturally her bedside lamp had to be a cake with candle!
The purple lamp next to her belongs to Nancy Nightshade (Amethyst Angst would be a good alternative name!) that was just some beads glued together .... simples, everything in Nancy's world is purple.... we all know someone like that eh?
and last but not least is Willow Frogwood's lamp she's a bit of a Pagan and love mother natures kind of Majick, so she has a floral lamp made from 'bits' I found in my work box ... she also lives in my head at the moment as she hasnt found her way out into the real world yet either.

Actually you can see the skull light better from this distance

& finally a HUGE warm welcome to my new followers, thanks for the add, I love reading everyones comments so dont be shy, shout out and say Hi! :o)
Photobucket

12 comments:

Crafts From The Stash said...

Frist I love that picture Wendiekins. Second I was worried and about to send out a search party LOL. Third I love the names of all your little witche. Its so nice to see your school come to life.

Debiekins xxxxx

Debbie said...

So glad to see you back in blogland Wendie.. Love your Frolicking Faeries.
Wonderful names for your students, can't wait to see more.. xx

dalesdreams said...

That fairy print is wild! Very cool!

julietk said...

Your fairy picture reminds me of a poster of the starsigns I used to have when I was so much younger :-D each one was frolicking in a different way too.
School is getting on fine.

Jo Raines said...

You are not alone! I often take a break from blogging when life issues intervene. Glad you are back and hopefully over the cold. The School of Magik is looking wonderful! So many great details and wonderful dolls!

Jody

MiniKat said...

I still love the print, Wendiekins!

I also love those lamps you made. They are so cool!

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Lol... you sinner. I was petrified of confession as a child and would make up lies to the priest. Id not done anything wrong but thought i had to say something, lol. Lordy, was i an idiot!
The skool of majick is looking fantastic and imagine having dolls living in your head, lol.
Brillaint names too, lol.
Love the lamp, it has given me the urge to light something up too, but im pants at electrics in mini and the wires always break. So although may of my items have electrics they never work because the wores are broke, lol.
The witches are superb by Nicky too!
Glad you are better... think you have passed it on to me though!
Nikki xxx

Michelle said...

Yay good to see you back Wendie! :o))

I LOVE the fairy print! I also LOVE the artisan's work...what a riot of colours she uses! :o))

Your little witches are wonderful, I love them too! I am envious of your skull lamp and your beds! Did you make the beds too? I'm only having two beds in Hogwarts, I don't think I will have room for more if I have other furniture too! I will have to see.

Michelle xxx

Wendie-kins said...

thanx for all the nice comments xxx
Nikki - I dont mind them living in my head as long as they dont argue or move the furniture about too much! LOL if you dont have much luck with electrics its probably a good job to stick to what you do best incase you electrocute yerself! :o)hope you are better soon x
Michelle - I didnt make the beds, I get splinters just looking at wood!! someone I found on ebay made them for me , was a really good deal too, think I got the 6 beds and 6 lockers made for about £40 including postage

HannahFKW said...

WOW gorgeous image above your bed! Wish I had one! :D
Really sweet yet naughty :P

Hannah

Ascension said...

Me encantan los duendes, las brujas....y me ha encantado ver toda tu creacion.
Enhorabuena!!!!
besitos ascension

Pan said...

Hi :-)

I love these rooms, especially the floors and the beds. The dolls are great too.

Pan
http://smallstuff-blogspot.blogspot.com/